Welcome to FML Fund My Life, a new investing podcast brought to you by MyWallSt.
Hosted by MyWallSt’s financial analyst, Anne Marie, and social media manager, Nicole – investing has never been this fun before.
Traditionally, investing and the stock market hasn’t been that welcoming for women — we hope to change that. This podcast makes investing seem approachable, easy, and something you can actually enjoy.
Follow FML on socials to keep up to date:
Episode Six: How Will I Know?
Want to start investing but have so many questions you don’t even know where to start?!
If so, give this episode a listen because we’re answering all of your Frequently Asked Questions about investing in the stock market. We invited MyWallSt’s Customer Experience Specialist, Poppy, onto the show to find out what questions she gets asked on the daily from newbie investors.
During the interview, we answer the following queries:
– How do I set up a brokerage account?
– Can I invest in the U.S. stock market from my country?
– When should I sell my stocks?
– What’s the difference between Class A and Class B shares?
– Nicole also shares her biggest investing mistake
– AND Anne Marie discusses a company that she has just researched, which is nicknamed the ‘Baby Berkshire’
– PLUS lots more investing gossip!
We hope you enjoy! – Nicole & Anne Marie
Episode Five: She Works Hard For The Money
Pensions, Pensions, Pensions – they’re so important but often overlooked by young people.
In this episode, Anne Marie interviews Tara Financial Partners, an Irish financial planning firm that provides expert advice to individuals and companies.
We ask Niamh and Lisa:
– What should be your first step when starting to plan your financial future?
– Why do you think financial planning is so important for women especially?
– Are enough young people planning for retirement?
– What is the Irish equivalent of a Roth IRA or 401k?
– Can parents guess how responsible their baby is going to be and set them up with an investment portfolio of their own when they are born?
– And much more!
Episode Four: The Winner Risks It All
This week on FML, we chatted to the legendary Jana Haines, the Chief Strategy Officer at ARK Invest.
Cathie Wood’s right-hand woman gave us a great insight into the world of finance and investing from her years of experience on Wall Street.
A standout from the interview is Jana’s attitude towards risk and how it’s vital for not only financial success, but also for a thriving career.
Jana also shares:
– Her thoughts on the crypto market and the rise of the retail investor,
– How we can make investing seem more appealing as a career choice for women,
– If ESG investing is a worthwhile investing strategy or a marketing ploy,
– Advice for young investors starting their journey,
– Plus lots more!
We hope you enjoy the episode!
Episode Three: The Simple Life of NFTs
We’re diving into the weird and wonderful of NFTs in the next episode of FML Fund My Life.
We chat with Alex, an Irish NFT designer who stood out so much in the community, Paris Hilton followed her on Twitter! (Hence the title of this episode!)
During the conversation, we also talk with Alex about why she and so many others in the NFT world remain anonymous.
On the agenda:
– How Alex got involved in NFTs,
– What are the benefits of these tokens for artists,
– Her NFT trading experience,
– The current NFT market and its dependency on cryptocurrency,
– And Alex shares some useful resources for learning more about the tokens.
We hope you enjoy the episode!
Episode Two: Becky With The Good Fund
Hello there, and welcome to episode two of FML!
This show isn’t about Beyoncé and her love triangles, but rather how investing in companies you know and brands you love is a great investment strategy.
Up first, we chat about the Becky ETF, a social media viral sensation. The idea behind the fake ETF is to invest in companies popular with high-earning women in the U.S. since they control a high portion of female spending.
Anne Marie created a fictional ‘MyWallSt x Becky ETF’ to see how the ‘basic’ stocks in our shortlist performed vs the S&P 500.
Plus we also discuss:
– Buying what you know and reflect on how our first stock picks were both products we loved,
– Nicole’s obsession with Olaplex and if it is a good investment opportunity,
– What stocks we would pick if we were to start our portfolios from scratch,
– And lots more!
Episode One: Shut Up and Thrive
Hello and welcome to FML Fund My Life, a podcast brought to you by MyWallSt.
To kick off the very FIRST episode, Anne Marie and Nicole call out some of the other names we considered for this podcast.
- Share our personal investing experiences
- Name the first stock we bought and what lessons we learned from it
- Tell the ‘Emmet selling his car for Netflix stock’ story
- Discuss how much money we could have made if we started investing at 18
- Give some insights into why women make great investors
- Explain why a popular Wall Street stock is our first Girlboss of the Week.